Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hellebrun Zoo

If you know my blogs even a little bit, you know I LOVE photographing animals. Munich's Hellebrun Zoo gave me another opportunity to enjoy both watching and photographing some very (cute, ferocious, interesting) specimens. For the most part I will just post some of my favorite pics and keep the commentary to a minimum.

I will start by saying that this is a beautiful zoo. It sits along the Isar river by a large park and beach area. Streams run throughout and there is abundant shade. The exhibits are large and open. There is even good food and lots of choices. The primate collection is extensive and scattered throughout the zoo. There is a small aquarium, and a children's section that is one of the best I have seen. So here we go.





It is always fun to have your photo taken with the locals.



And engage in a bit of monkey business.









From the depths of the sea...




... to the wilds of Africa and Asia.





The stars of the zoo this year are the twin baby polar bears born in December. They are cute, playful and very popular.




One way to enter the children's area is over a bridge that can make you screech.








There was more to see but we got stuck in a traffic jam at the pelican pond...


... and decided to head home for the day. We will return!


No comments:

Post a Comment